Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Support China Earthquake Relief Efforts

I've been watching tons of anime lately, thanks to my Uni-mate Vishnu (ex-roommate) who lent me his whole stack of anime DVDs.
Because of the bad internet connection here, I hardly start reading any new manga series anymore, but I still continue my old ones.


Recently, I found out from my manga site how I could help the China victims.
As some of you may know, an earthquake devastated the Sichuan province of China a couple of weeks ago.
According to the source, the latest figures are 70,000 people dead and 5 million left homeless.
(For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Sichuan_earthquake)


From that site, I found out that the best way to help is to donate to the Red Cross' International Relief Fund.
This will not only help the victims in China but also those around other parts of the world that may be in any sort of trouble.
Link to donation instructions for the Red Cross International Relief Fund:
http://tinyurl.com/4hsnsw (shortened URL, because the full one won't fit.)


Even if you pals can't donate anything, I would appreciate it if you would spread the news around. Every little bit helps.

No comments: